Clubs in the hands of kids
The First Tee is a unique American program aimed at attracting children to Golf lessons. Executive Director of the program Joe Luois Barrow is convinced that the passion for this game since childhood will have a positive impact on many aspects of life in the future. In proof of his theory, Mr. Luois gave several indisputable arguments:
1. Health and excellent fitness. The problem of physical inactivity and obesity, which has recently become relevant for most children, can be solved thanks to Golf. Constantly moving around the field during the game with a small load behind your shoulders in the form of a bag with clubs burns a certain amount of calories. So, a player weighing about 70 kg will lose 350 calories in one round.
2. Communication with the family. Alas, in the modern world, the concept of family traditions is gradually disappearing. Children of the Internet entertainment era are less likely to find it interesting to spend time with their parents. In this sense, Golf can be a great opportunity to get together, socialize and spend time in nature with fun and health benefits. Passionate about the game parents can not seriously be interested and children.
3. Etiquette in an unobtrusive form. Tedious moralizing of parents and teachers on the topic “what is good and what is bad”, as a rule, do not have the proper effect on the behavior of children. But the knowledge and values instilled in the process of learning to play Golf are absorbed easily and with pleasure. After all, all the principles of play and behavior on the field are based on respect for the other participants.
4. Familiarity with the basic rules of behavior in a professional environment. Knowledge and understanding of the generally accepted rules of behavior in society and, directly, in the professional environment, will help children in the future to easily establish business contacts in business and any other areas of activity.
5. Power over the emotions. To be able to cope with yourself in any situation is a skill that comes with years, and the earlier you start learning this, the more chances you have to emerge victorious from any everyday adversity and stand up to dizzying UPS. Golf is a great teacher in this sense. The experience of successful, not very successful and completely unsuccessful blows will teach you to analyze your actions, predict the consequences of each next blow, concentrate on the implementation of the upcoming one, as well as control emotions and perceive what is happening positively.
6. Responsibility education. Playing Golf requires a sufficient adult attitude to the preparation and execution of tasks. It is only by taking full responsibility for all stages of the game that a child can say with confidence that they have done everything in their power to successfully complete the rounds, even if the competition is not won.
7. Sociability. Communication problems make many children reclusive and isolated. Given the completely different audience on the Golf course and the need to exchange a couple of phrases during the round, the child gradually and completely painlessly acquires interpersonal skills.